Tuesday, June 14, 2011

SHE. SAID. DADA!!!!!!!!!!

I have been waiting forever to be able to post this entry.  Today started off like any other day.  I went in to get Sadie up and ready for the day. She was sitting up in her crib with the biggest grin on her face (probably because she knew she was going to knock my socks off).  I laid her on the changing table to change her diaper and get her dressed and all of a sudden she said "Dadadadadada."  At first I was sure I didn't hear her correctly.  She has never even said a "D" let alone "Dada."  So I tried prompting her by saying "DaDaDA."  She just laughed at me.  So I continued on with dressing her, sure I head her wrong,  I put in her hearing aids and she did it AGAIN!  "Dadadadada."  This time I KNEW I heard her right.  I was so ecstatic.  Not just the fact that she said "dada", but that she is stringing consonants and vowels together is HUGE!  I don't even care that she is saying "dada" instead of "mama" :)  And to take it one step farther, she said it in the car all the way to her grandparents house (40 min drive).  I almost broke into tears.  I know for most folks this isn't that big of a deal...but it is huge for our family.  GO SADIE!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment