Friday, August 12, 2011

Just Like Everyone Else

As you probably recall from my previous post, Sadie is in a study for Children with Hearing Loss.  When we met with the folks from Boystown, I had to fill out about 6 different questionnaires with 100 questions each.  It was very overwhelming, but apparently very worth while.  We got the results from my responses and I am thrilled to announce that Sadie is doing fantastic.  The results show that Sadie's Development & Language is in the same range AS CHILDREN WITH NORMAL HEARING!!!!!!!  In fact, in terms of receptive language, she is doing BETTER than children with normal hearing.  I had to look up exactly what receptive language meant :) and it means that she demonstrates an understanding of what you are asking/telling her. 

After I saw these results (and re-read them like a thousand times), the first thing that popped into my mind was "Did I lie on any of those questions?"  :)  And the answer is I really don't think so. I was as candid and honest as I could be.

I have attached the report below.  The area shaded in gray is where Normal Hearing Children reside.  The X's are where Sadie is at. 
Whatever it is that we are doing, I plan on continuing because apparently it is working!!!  I truly believe that she is doing so well because of all the wonderful people in her life that have helped her along.  A huge THANK YOU to her grandmas and her Granny Nanny Kathy for watching her each week and helping her advance so much.  And of course a special thank you to her Speech Therapists Stefanie and Stacy!

No comments:

Post a Comment