Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Wrapping Up 2015

Since I have been delinquent in my posts (shocking), I decided to wrap up 2015 in one post.

- Since August, Sadie has gotten her ears pierced.They got infected and we found out that she can only wear 14k gold or higher.  That shouldn't surprise me, as nothing about that girls' ears is cheap!


- Sadie got to be in my cousin's wedding as a flower girl.


- For Halloween, Sadie decided to dress up as Aurora (ie-Sleeping Beauty). She loved her long blonde wig and going trick-or-treating.  She actually surprised me when people told her she could take more candy, she said "No Thank You."  Whose kid is this?!?!

- Sadie had her first dance recital (winter showcase) which was the CUTEST thing ever!



- Christmas was spent with lots of relatives. We spent Christmas Eve with my side of the family, Christmas Morning with Troy's side, and Christmas afternoon back with my side.  We decided to tell Santa that Sadie only needed 4 gifts this year.  Something she wants, something she needs, something to wear and something to read.  So she got what she wanted (Adagio Dazzle My Little Pony), something to wear (Sketchers shoes), something to wear (belts), and something to Read (Lots of Fancy Nancy Books).  She was thrilled and didn't even mind not having a ton of presents under the tree.  Don't get me wrong, she still had a lot of gifts from other family members, but she was happy.  We also decided to Adopt a Family, so that was fun taking Sadie shopping to buy stuff for a family in need.  I hope to continue that tradition.  And finally, we surprised Sadie and her cousins with ANOTHER trip to Disney World in February.  We will be going with Troy's side of the family. I am not going to lie, I think I am as excited as Sadie is :)




- New Years Eve Sadie spent with her grandparents so Troy & I could host our annual party.  Sadie left this note, which totally made my day.


In other news, Sadie is reading up a storm and can't wait to do Kindergarten work at pre-school.  She had another hearing test, which showed stable hearing (Hallelujah!), and she has continued to hone her artistic skills.

Princess Mulan (drawn free handed)

We hope everyone had a great 2015 and we are excited to see what 2016 holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment