Monday, January 31, 2011

A Little Bit of Laughter

The past couple of weeks we have had our ups and downs with Sadie's hearing.  Her aids are continuing to make awful feedback noises (whistling), even with the new ear molds.  So, we are eagerly (and not very patiently) awaiting to see if we will get approved to obtain some very high tech hearing aids, made especially for babies.  We have to see if First Steps (the state run program for children with disabilities) will pay for them since they are very expensive.  Please say some prayers for us as we continue to wait. 

Although we have had the hearing aid set back, I am excited to share that we have really started to see some great strides in Sadie's hearing.  She has started to turn her heard in the direction of sounds!  While this may not seem like a very big deal, it is huge in the world of hearing loss.  It makes Troy and I more confident that she is actually hearing noises.  She still isn't consistent, as sometimes she will turn her head and other times she won't.  But I truly believe she is hearing me now, although I should probably get used to her ignoring me sometimes...lol!

Posted below are just a few new pictures, as well as a video of her playing with her Uncle Keith and Aunt Nell.  You can tell by my brother's "sounds" that she is hearing and she thinks he is the funniest guy ever.  Hearing our baby giggle has to one of the best moments we have shared with her yet!  I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!


3 comments:

  1. That is adorable Sara and it is a sound you will never get tired of hearing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you've thought of this, but maybe First Hand could help if First Steps doesn't come through.

    I love the belly laughter! How exciting she is turning her head - William doesn't turn his head every time either (probably because Jerry says I smother him :) )

    ReplyDelete