Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Few Adjustments

Sadie had another sound booth test on Wednesday (#4).  She is starting to be a pro at the localization game, as she did a great job turning her head to all the sounds.  The audiologist was very pleased!  Sadie's results were fairly similar to her last test, however, her hearing at higher frequencies was a little worse than last time.  I had a feeling this might be the case, as after we adjusted her hearing aids based on last week's results, I could tell Sadie wasn't hearing as well with her aids.  It took several times for her to respond to the "sssss" sound.  Normally she responds right away.  So based on my feedback and the results of the sound booth test, we re-adjusted her hearing aids and made sure that Sadie was hearing those "ssss" sounds before we left.  And we got the great news that we don't need anymore testing for 3 whole months! That will be the longest we have EVER gone without seeing our friends at Midwest Ear Institute.  I'm not sure I will know what to do with my extra time!  My luck, we will lose or break a hearing aid and have to go back in before the 3 months :)  Overall, I think Sadie is well on her way to having access to all the sounds she needs to start language development.  Happy Day!

And as always, here are a few pictures from the past week :)

Such a pretty face :)

Momma's Alma Matter!!!
Sadie in her rocking chair that Grandma and Grandpa Lovins got her!

No comments:

Post a Comment