Monday, March 19, 2012

"Outshide"

Sadie has been LOVING this warm weather.  From the time she wakes up until the time she goes to bed, she is saying "outshide."  She loves to run around in the yard and also to "sing" (swing).  I don't mind being outside, but 7:30 am is a bit early for me to start my day outdoors.  If I tell her "no", she gets this sad face and starts crying "outshide."  It is pretty pathetic.  Usually I can convince her to eat breakfast before we head outdoors.  Oh, and she always wants Louie out there with her.  She loves running around chasing him and shouting "Louie" and "No potty!"  I told her it was okay for Louie to potty outside, but she didn't seem to care.  She just likes being the "older sister" and yelling at him.  Here are a few pictures of the past couple of weekends that Sadie has been out and about.

 Ah, this is the life.  Got my drink, got my shades, and got my swing.
 I like swinging so much I fell asleep.
 Taking a break from the swings and getting ready to head down the slide. 
 Back to the swings.  Being off them for 3 minutes to go down the slide was just too long.

And of course, we can't forget Louie!

Oh, and this picture is just cute :)

Mom finally caught me smiling on camera.  Only took 30 tries!


4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Just stumbled across your blog and started reading. Especially the section on Sadie's hearing loss caught me as me and my husband have just gone through the same process (but in Sweden, not the States). I felt exactly like you described it, the sheer horror of it all. People keep saying that as far as a disability goes it's not too bad. No, but it still sucks that it happened to my kid! Henry is being fitted with Oticon Safari any day now and I worry that they won't be as good as the Widex Baby. Were you happy in the end with the Widex?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma!

    I understand your pain, sadness and frustration! But I have to tell you, that it DOES get better. It still sucks that our kids have to deal with this, but I can truly say there are days that I forget Sadie is hearing impaired! As far as the hearing aids go, I LOVE the Widex Baby 440's. They are so fantastic. Minimal feedback, fit great, small. I can't say enough good things about them (other than the cost). The Oticon Safari's just had too much feedback for Sadie. I know some kiddos that have them and it isn't too bad. I think part of our problem was that the ear molds never fit, so it let sound in, which created the squealing problem. What degree of hearing loss does Henry have?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Henry hears about 65-70dB we think, he's only 5 months so tricky to know. We're lucky enough in Sweden to get all costs covered up till the age of 19 and after that it's heavily subsidised. Have to talk to our audiologist about the different hearing aids, have heard really great things about Widex Baby and want to know why Henry is being fitted with Oticon (maybe it is a cost thing, who knows). Will definitely follow Sadie's progress, she looks like a very lovely little girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I plan on following your blog too Emma. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions about hearing loss. You can reach me directly at sarabessinger@gmail.com. Also, my sister-n-law is from Copenhagen and we have been to Malmo Sweeden :) I think you aren't too far from there!

    Take care,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete