Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Reading Sadie

On February 25th, one day just shy of Sadie being 4 1/2, she read her first book all by herself.  We have been working on site words for a while, but Sadie isn't that interested in them.  I got her a set of the "Bob" books while shopping at Costco one day thinking they would be a good starting point.  We read the first one together,and she displayed minimal interest.  I finally dropped the subject of reading for a few weeks, thinking she just wasn't ready or interested.  On the evening of the 25th, I decided to pull out a Bob book, "Hop," that she had not seen yet (I know her tricks of memorizing books).  And to my amazement, she sounded out all the words and read that entire book.  38 words!  I was so excited.  Naturally, I called my mom who then insisted that Sadie read it to her over the phone. Then she had to do the same for my dad.  I got her on video reading part of it.


This is her after she read the book :)


Flash forward 5 weeks and she is on Bob book number 15 and reading faster every day.  So proud of my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment